This weekend reading supplement:
There are six type vinegar is used throughout the world.
1. Distilled White or Grain or Spirit Vinegar: It is produced from the natural fermentation of dilute alcohol to vinegar. The vinegar is filtered and contains Natural mellow aroma. It is a Halal vinegar.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: It is produced from unprocessed apple juice and vinegar retains its natural amber color and fruity flavor.
3. Wine Vinegar: Wine vinegar is produced from Burgundy wine and other wines. It retains a ruby color and wine like flavor. It is used in Oil-Vinegar Dressing and gourmet cooking and condiments.
4. Corn (Maize) sugar Vinegar: This type of vinegar is produced from corn sugar. Sugar is first converted to alcohol then alcohol is converted to acetic acid and water. It is also a amber color vinegar.
5. Malt Vinegar: Malt vinegar is produced from the fermentation of malt to alcohol and then it is converted to vinegar.
6. Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar is produced in Modena Italy from white and sugary Trebbiano grapes with special labor intensive method to special flavor and aroma It is a aged vinegar and there is possibility of left over wine in this vinegar. MCG do not consider it as Halal vinegar.
All above vinegar are consider Halal except wine vinegar and Balsamic vinegar by MCG